Benefits of Membership
- Monthly Meetings: Ten chapter meetings a year are held in West Los Angeles. Chapter meetings provide an opportunity to network with other organizers, learn from educational speakers, engage in problem-solving discussions, and discover new products and business resources. Chapter meeting fees are included in Level 2 memberships.
- Online Referral Directory: All members are included in the “Professional Organizer Directory” section of the NAPO-LA website. This resource is open to those in the general public who are interested in hiring a professional organizer.
- Members–Only Discounts: Members receive discounts for seminars and workshops as well as special events, like the Los Angeles Organizing Awards and the Los Angeles Organizing Expo.
- The Los Angeles Organizer: NAPO-LA’s bimonthly e-newsletter. Enjoy informative articles about upcoming events, local industry and association news, advice, profiles of professional organizers, and advertising opportunities.
- Professional Development: Training sessions, workshops and seminars on topics essential to your business. Outside speakers and long-time organizers share their wisdom, resources and encouragement to chapter members.
- Leadership: NAPO-LA is recognized as an industry leader. Members have the opportunity to gain exposure and possible new business as well as to affect the future of professional organizing by volunteering in chapter activities. Acquire new leadership skills at the annual Leadership Forum.
- Member Businesses: Our associate members are Los Angeles-area industry business partners who can help with organizing solutions and products. Joint cooperative marketing efforts build awareness of the organizing industry in all areas. Some associate members offer special discounts and promotions exclusively to NAPO-LA members.
- Regional and National Special Events: NAPO-LA hosts several events throughout the year, including the Leadership Forum, Los Angeles Organizing Awards, Los Angeles Organizing Expo and Get Organized Month.
- Members-Only Section of the Website: Includes access to NAPO-LA’s membership directory, chapter forms and documents, the chapter’s annual budget, and provides advertising opportunities.
- Yahoo Group: Our informative online chat group for chapter members only. Exchange resources, ask for advice from experienced chapter members, get help solving a problem and find opportunities to assist other organizers who need help on a job.
- Assist Veteran Organizers: From time to time experienced organizers hire assistants on large projects. NAPO-LA members look first to hire other chapter members using the Yahoo Group. New members especially will benefit by learning on the job with veteran organizers.
- New Member Orientation: All new members attend an orientation program to acquaint them with the activities of the Los Angeles chapter, and to help them jump start their organizing businesses.
- NAPO-LA Chapter Logo: Add professional credibility with the NAPO-LA logo on your marketing materials, letterheads, and business cards.
- Neighborhood Groups: Informal bi-monthly meetings are held throughout the Los Angeles area that offer education, networking and business tips.
- Chronic Disorganization Support Group: Informal bi-monthly meetings that support organizers who regularly work with OCD clients.
- Chapter Library: CDs and DVDs from NAPO-LA and NAPO National’s annual conferences are available to chapter members through our lending library.
- Announcements from the Board: Mini e-newsletters featuring up-to-the-minute news and tips from the NAPO-LA Board of Directors.
Click here to join NAPO-LA