MISSION STATEMENT/CODE OF ETHICS
Mission Statement. NAPO-LA is the organizing industry leader committed to providing the public with resources, providing professional organizers with education and support, and providing related industry professionals with unique channels for their products and services.
Vision. NAPO-LA, comprised of passionate and innovative professionals, is the premier authority on organizing, serving the greater Los Angeles area.
Code of Ethics. This Code of Ethics is a set of principles to provide guidelines in our professional conduct with our clients, colleagues and community. As a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers, I pledge to exercise judgment, self-restraint and conscience in my conduct in order to establish and maintain public confidence in the integrity of NAPO members and to preserve and encourage fair and equitable practices among all who are engaged in the profession of organizing.
- I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- I will offer services in those areas in which I am qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communication.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified organizers.
- Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest
- I will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other organizers.
- I will use proprietary client information only with the client's permission.
- I will not use confidential client information to benefit myself or my firm, or reveal this information to others to use for their benefit.
- I will respect the intellectual property rights (materials, titles and thematic creations) of my clients, my colleagues, and other firms and individual, and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
- I will not be influenced by fees or commissions in my recommendation of services, equipment or supplies to clients.
- I will seek and maintain an equitable, honorable and cooperative association with other NAPO members and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- I will not advertise my services in a deceptive manner and will not misrepresent the organizing profession.
- I will act, speak and dress in a highly professional manner so as not to bring discredit to the organizing profession.
- I will decide independently and communicate to my client in advance my fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses, which I deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with my experience, the services I deliver and the responsibility I accept.