The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit professional association whose members include organizing consultants, speakers, trainers, authors, and manufacturers of organizing products. Founded in 1985, it is the largest national association of and for Organizers, with over 4,200 members throughout the world. The association was founded right here in Los Angeles by Beverly Clower, Stephanie Culp, Ann Gambrell, Maxine Ordesky, and Jeanie Shorr. Some of these founders are still active members of the Los Angeles Chapter.
What do Professional Organizers do?
- A Professional Organizer enhances the lives of clients by designing systems and processes using organizing principles and by transferring organizing skills. A Professional Organizer also educates the public on organizing solutions and their resulting benefits. Professional organizers help individuals and businesses take control of their surroundings, their time, their paper, and their systems for life.
The Los Angeles Chapter
- Mission Statement: NAPO-LA is an organization dedicated to bringing Southern California Area Organizers together through networking, education, professional growth, industry updates, support, and public awareness.
- Membership: 150 Members.
- Meetings: Held on the fourth Monday of the month (except in April or May, September, and December, as noted on the Calendar of Events) at 6:15 pm. Meetings are held at The Olympic Collection Conference Center, 11301 Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025.
- January: The Annual Los Angeles Organizing Awards
- January marks an exciting opportunity for our Chapter, and for the organizing profession. Our Annual Los Angeles Organizing Awards event, highlighting products and services voted upon by our membership and the public, with special awards to individuals or companies who have significantly contributed to efficient organizational processes or procedures to the public.
- Spring: NAPO Annual National Conference & Organizing Expo. (See www.napo.net for more information.)
- September/October: The Los Angeles Organizing Expo
For further information on the National Association of Professional Organizers-Los Angeles Chapter, the press may contact: